cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia 8310 modem

N/A

Nokia 8310 modem

I installed nokia 8310 modem driver(nokia_8310_modem_setup.exe from nokia.com) on my Win2000 PRO on my laptop(via infrared port).But on the modem proporties page in control panel, the status of this modem is "NOT FUNCTIONAL", but I have already installed the driver and switched ir reciption on(Laptop and mobile).
It's the almost the same in Win98,error reported in modem diagnostic page. When I dial the number(0870.....) from laptop,the dial tone sounds like ordinary voice call,while I dial that number on mobile, it likes data.But unable to connect.
Any one got any ideas?
Sad
1 REPLY
N/A

Re: Nokia 8310 modem

Any one got any ideas?
Sad

Silly question but as far as the 98 side, I presume you have unchecked "wait for dial tone before dialling"?

With all my nokia's,I have ignored the nokia driver and just installed a standard 9600 modem via add device and selected the IR port to use. This has worked fine for the 8210, 9110, 6210 and 6310.

Not too familiar with 2000, but do you specify the virtual IR port (I think it was COM5) or do you specify connect over IR then the software allocates it's own virtual drivers? I remember with W95 I had to specify a virtual port and the modem was always there,with XP the modem only appears when the phone is conncected via IR but the computer sorts itself out as regards ports.