cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No "ADSL" light on WAG54G

N/A

Hi!

Was activated yesterday for a 1mb connection. Have just installed the above linksys, but get no ADSL light on the modem/router. It is the only socket in the house nd have tried 2 different filters.

Is this an instalation problem my end or do I need to contact support?

Any help greatly appreciated.

cheers
7 REPLIES
N/A

Forgot to add, connected straight to router frrom PC straightaway, so the problem must be between the router/adsl line.
Community Veteran

I take it this is the first time you have tried to use it? If so looks like something was not completed when your line was ADSL activated. You need to raise a contact us ticket so plusnet can investigate further and if necessary pass the fault onto BT.
N/A

Yep first time, will post a ticket now, thanks for quick reply.
N/A

How strange is that? Got a confirmation email, confirming login details and that payment will be taken for the first month. Juts gone to send a ticket and notice another closed ticket saying line will be activated after 12pm on the 17th.

Someone made a boo boo I think Shockedops:

Thought it was a bit quick.

My tracker even says that ADSL is ready to use.
Community Veteran

Looks like an old problems that crops up from time to time where people are getting their 'your activated' emails too early. This is an automated system so that probably expailns why the ADSL tracker got changed as well.

False alarm I guess, but you need to make sure no money have been requested yet or if it has, you should get your billing date changed to cover the period where you could not use the service.
Gel
Pro
Fixes: 10

Linksys Wireless grief

I have same router & wireless laptop adapter card for a WAN connection.

On Router I see blinking green LEDon DSL
so that presumably means there is adsl connection to that point.

I see in icons that there is also connectivity between router & laptop, but I can't access internet.
Called SUPPORT several times but not overwhelmingly helpful; will have to try Linksys I guess on MOnday.

I know the TCP/IP IP is address is static and have that from Support, but I think there may be some conflict with settings for WAN connection to Router; help appreciated.
Community Veteran

A blinking led usually indicates the modem is trying to sync but can't.

Are you sure your ADSL is activated - have plusnet confirmed this.

Have you got ADSL filter/splitters on all your phones, faxes, 56K modems, sky boxes etc?

Have you got your wiring correct: see ADSL: Wiring and Filters

Have you tried connecting the router directly to your master socket

Also try ADSL: Trouble Shooting.