cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Networks in range... Please HELP!!!

N/A

I have a problem with my netgear DG834G V2 router. I can connect on the wireless network set up fine some days and cannot detect ot others even thought i am only 3 metres away from the router. I have the router connected to my desktop through Lan cable. I also have a wireless card in the desktop and that cannot detect a network, yet sometimes is will b fine then i will loose it for hours??. Can somebody please help me?

Thanx
Kyle
7 REPLIES
N/A

Daft question but you're not trying to use both wired and wireless at the same time on one PC are you?
N/A

No im not but i have the card in their from an existing network but it it not used.. but i just used to to see if that could find the network to rule of my laptop being the problem...
N/A

Although I cant see this as having anything to do with it,

Have you set the SSID to be hidden by any chance?
N/A

So you have a good wired connection and have tried two different wireless adapters with each showing the same problem.

Have you tried a different channel? Have you tried moving the router elsewhere to check for interfearance? Check the aerial connection is screwed in tight?
Also check your location is set correctly in the router set up pages.

How old is the router, is it new or secondhand and has the problem always been happening or has it been okay and then started playing up?
N/A

The OP has already mentioned the use of one of the latest Netgear routers.
However I will agree on the fact that changing channels might be a good option.
I have always used channel 6 and have never yet encountered any problems or interferance with this channel. *touches wood*
N/A

No the router was bought in september brand new. The problem has only recently occured over the past week of so. The ssid is not hidden either
N/A

get netstumbler from

http://www.netstumbler.com/downloads/

and see if that sees it as it often find things others cant see. If it was working has anything changed since it worked? Windows updates? Often the problem is the network drivers for the card some wont let windows find the network and require their own software while others let windows find it and connect.

Things to try
Remove the card software drivers and reinstall
Reset the router to factory setting and try again.
Idealy you want to try you network card to see if it works by going to some othe r network do you have anyone with a wirelles connection you could test it on?
If you can connect to another router ok it would rule out the cards.
Do you have any wep or firewalls set on the router? Make the router open in all respects and see if that solves it.