cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New style DSL Modem supplied by Plus.

N/A

I have just assisted a friend to get onto Broadband. The modem supplied was not the USB one I expected but a network connection modem that stores username and DSL password. It remembers this data even when unpowered, as in a power cut situation, so there is no need to reload the data. (checked that as the person would have no idea how to do it and would be phoning me if there was a power cut) What I did not do was make a note of the model - no use phoning him - and I am sure it was a Voyager but cannot find anything on the Net. Would somebody advise what it is please and can you buy them so a few other people can stop dialing in every time they switch their computers on? Thanks.
7 REPLIES
fakesnake
Grafter

hi are you sure it is a modem, and not a router.
N/A

if your friend got their modem / router from + Net, it could possibly be one of these models - http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/index.shtml
N/A

Modem / Router

Yes, thank you. It is the Voyager 210. Now for the second question; can they be bought from Plus or elsewhere?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 57

N/A

Voyager 210

Thank you. Will wait a bit and see what the prices on eBay will be. Not searched yet. Don't want it to be too expensive as I am just looking for two friends who are on the DSL modem that has to be dialed each time the computer is switched on. Both on Plus Net.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 57

If you want cheap - try their associate company which has B grade with a 30 day warranty
http://www.dsldepot.co.uk/index.asp?
The Speedtouch routers are highly recommended
N/A

Cheap - used - modem routers, etc

Thank you for the link; that might be useful in the future. None of this particular item yet though. No rush as the people I am researching this for don't know about it.