cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Netgear DG834G (v2) Firmware Available (V. 3.01.29)

Community Veteran

A new firmware for the Netgear DG834G (v2) is available, unfortunatly it still doesn't support multicasting!

Version 3.01.29

1. The ADSL driver was updated to improve ADSL2+ interoperability.
2. Fixed a problem with the AOL proxy which prevented Macintosh iChat from working.
3. Fixed that rules to turn off the firewall didn't work when NAT was disabled.
4. A wireless SSID of 32 characters now works.
5. Fixed a problem with DoS detection.
6. Fixed a problem where Internet access failed across a VPN with Trend Micro Security Services (TMSS) enabled (see limitation below in Known Issues).

http://kbserver.netgear.com/release_notes/D102816.asp
9 REPLIES
N/A

unfortunatly it still doesn't support multicasting!

We wont see that until after the new hardware is released in Q2.

They havent said when in Q2 either Sad
N/A

Ack.... also no mention of fixing the ruddy snmp daemon so that it actually reports some stats on the ppp interface....
N/A

Re: New Netgear DG834G (v2) Firmware Available (V. 3.01.29)

A new firmware for the Netgear DG834G (v2) is available, unfortunatly it still doesn't support multicasting!

hey sbungo, is the non-support of multicasting based on your own experiences with the firmware upgrade, or have u read it somewhere?

reason i ask is that i contacted netgear support to ask WHEN they'd support multicasting with the dg384g and all i get back is "update to latest firmware and change your MTU to 1500", even when i ask them bluntly if it is SUPPOSED to support multicasting they ignore my question and keep reciting the same support mantra.....v frustrating.... Evil
N/A

Hi there,

Netgear definately, at this point, do not support multicasting. What Netgear support are trying to tell you about your MTU, I have no idea.

My company partner with Netgear and we have direct lines of communication with various depts within Netgear UK.

The latest hardware, due for release at somepoint in Q2 will support IGMP proxy, or so we're told, but we wont see a firmware upgrade, which provides igmp proxy support for the remainder of the product set, until after the new products are launched.

Looking at it from a practical point of view, I would imagine that Netgear will be in no rush to release the firmware and risk slowing sales of the new DG834V. So we may still have a wait. Sad

As and when new info is released, I'll update where possible.
N/A

thx pcsni.

in that case i'll close my call with netgear and certainly wont be mucking about with the mtu size - not sure they know what theyre talking about :shock:
N/A

hmm if your needing multicasting then I believe mine supports it. I however use the D-Link DSL-G604T. I would normally use 2 others aswell but things the other months didnt help and so im left running 2 for the time being.
LiamM
Grafter

I do hope the DG834V is as good or better than the DG834G in terms of performance - because i may upgrade Smiley
Community Veteran

Just a note to say the latest 3.01.29 firmware relase has been withdrawn by Netgear due to problems with VPN and static routing. If you are using either of these features you should revert back to the 3.01.25 version.
Community Veteran

cheers for the heads up peter, I've gone back to version 2 anyway but cheers!