cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Keyboard Anyone

N/A

New Keyboard Anyone

Imagine starting BF2 and your keyboard CHANGING to the layout of the controls. Want to type in russian, not a problem, the keyboard will show up the russian language.

The Optimus keyboard, quite simply, has to be, the greatest and best keyboard every designed by anyone, anywhere. IBM model M? Meh. Apple pro keyboard, weak. Happy Hacker, lame. Every single key on this keyboard is its own independent OLED display.

Yes, you heard me right.

Every key is controlled via software and it makes for some pretty awesome functionality that many people had previously thought to be crazy-moon-language-talk. Change your keyboard layout from English to Russian? All the letters and symbols on the keys instantly change to reflect the new keymapping.

Launch Quake? All the keys change to reflect the actions and command mapping of the game you're playing. (See graphic to the left).

The possibilities I see for this keyboard are virtually endless. Check out the "launcher" keys on the left-hand side of the keyboard. This is definitely the way to score with the cute nerds at school.

The only downside I can see to this keyboard is that it's bound to cost potential buyers an arm and a leg. I might be willing to give up one of my arms, but I'm not so sure I want to forego the entire right-side of my body just yet. Did I mention that it's wireless and made of metal too? Maybe I could do without my foot, or a few toes at the very least...

There is currently only a single functioning prototype of this keyboard and the designers aren't sure when they'll be able to begin selling to the general public

Optimus Keyboard
8 REPLIES
N/A

New Keyboard Anyone

wow wow wow Cheesy id like one of them
Alecto
Grafter

New Keyboard Anyone

But you've only just talked me into getting the new logitech! Tongue

I see Anglesey First Response is back.

Shouldn't it be Anglesey First Response, Jokes and All-Round Entertainment ?

And not necessarily in that order. Tongue
N/A

New Keyboard Anyone

Yeah mate, was just thinking that meself, about the keyboard I mean..

as for the jokes, well we kill you with them, then restart your heart with the defib.. so yeah, it would be the other way round lol!
Cloudmaster
Grafter

New Keyboard Anyone

It's on my shopping list!!! This is the must have upgrade for any PC
MarkAngel
Grafter

New Keyboard Anyone

Check this baby out...

http://www.zboard.com/uk/

My mate and I just invested in one each...Mega!!
N/A

New Keyboard Anyone

yeah, but the problem with them is that you HAVE to buy a layout for each game, then chop and change, this one is better in the fact that it changes for you.

But saying that, the BF2 layout on the zboard is one nice looking piece of kit

BF2 Keyboard
MarkAngel
Grafter

New Keyboard Anyone

That is true, but, you get a standard layout and a standard gaming layout with it, and it you but it from www.scan.co.uk then you get the FREE BF2 layout as well...but I see what you are saying...

Besides..it does take some getting used to...but it is great just doing a hotswap when you fire up a game Cheesy

M
N/A

New Keyboard Anyone

yeah, might be easier in some ways, and as said, it is a VERY nice BF2 keyboard!