cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Drive

morgan2476
Grafter

New Drive

I have a new drive and I would like to copy my old hd onto the new (including the partitions). The problem is that the likes of powerquest drive image will only copy one partition. any ideas?
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

New Drive

You need something like Norton Ghost which would do the job.
N/A

New Drive

The best is the new version 10 of Acronis true image from
http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/

The new version lets you copy the drive and then setup backups as image sor just backup you email or files and it also lets you have a emergency restore by pressing F11

or if you want a free copier http://www.miray.de/products/sat.hdclone.html#info
morgan2476
Grafter

New Drive

the likes of norton ghost seems only to copy 1 partition, i was looking for something that will copy the 3 partitions and files and settings on to the new drive.
Community Veteran

New Drive

Ghost gives the option to copy partitions or full disks iirc.
Community Veteran

New Drive

Yep it will copy ALL of the partitions onto a new disk of equal, larger or even smaller sizes. Cheesy
Community Veteran

New Drive

Im surprised drive image does not do the whole disk, afterall that is what its name implies.

Last time I used it (a few versions ago) it was designed to copy everything, including multiple partions from one drive to another.

I suggest you read up on its use as it should do what you want.
morgan2476
Grafter

New Drive

Yep thanks folks i now see how to do it - i assume that the partitions will be resized proportionaly on the new drive?
Community Veteran

New Drive

They will with Norton Ghost but I cant speak for Drive Image as I have never used it.
holdtight
Grafter

New Drive

Trueimage will also do the same as ghost but as John says not tried the others so cant comment