cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Computer

N/A

New Computer

I am thinking of buying a new computer and would like some suggestions on retailers.

I am thinking about mesh or evesham at the moment but what about the high street. My budget is about £500 (so not much)

Any advice appreciated.
5 REPLIES
N/A

New Computer

if you got a bit of a comman sence around you i would say build it yourself.

it tells you pretty much everything in the motherboard book lol....

i just spent 1300 on a new pc (built by me) and if i wanted something of near quality from likes of dell (not as good graphics i got a xfx 7800gtx) it cost me like 3 or 4 grand.
Community Veteran

New Computer

Aye, build it yourself would be good. You may not have heard of them but Viglen are a good make IMO, I have one of their machines from the early 90's it still works to this day!
N/A

New Computer

if you go down retail...

i personally hate dell....they con you on upgrades.

mesh are good i been told
likes of packard bell and that i say keep away i had one 2 or 3 years ago and i aint ever going back.

plus side on build it yourself is that most components either have a year or 3 year or even life time warrenties....and you usually get more bang for your bucks.

easy way to do it is go to mesh or dell get what you can for your money then go to ebuyer.com or scan.co.uk and see how much it cost you to build it.

showing off time...my system is

4000+ amd 64 clcocked currently at 2.6
asus deluxe sli
xfx 7800gtx
1gb corsair xms pro
200gb seagate (soon have a 120 or more spinpoint)
standard cooling for the moment looking at a zelman flower cpu cooler
windows 64 which runs smooth with some custom drivers (thank god you can hack about we them slightly)
N/A

New Computer

OK, somebody will shoot me down for this, but at least contemplate one of these or one of these. There are dedicated retail stores in London, Birmingham and Kent.
Community Veteran

New Computer

Apple are good, so long as they will do what the OP want's - not as many games.