cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Networking Config probs - troubleshooting advice?

N/A

I managed to get our wireless network up and running using a proxy server set up rather than ICS. We're still trying to find the 'optimum' channel to connect on, and whilst attempting to change channels, I had a problem with the router and after contacting the manufacturer, they supplied me with a patch for the problem.

Applying the patch meant I had to perform a factory reset on the router - and then re-do all the configurations.

So, I've done that and can't find any problems with the configuration. But the end result has left my computer (the server) able to see the wireless computer -- but the wireless computer is unable to locate the server. I can ping each ip addy from each computer (server, wireless, and router) and it works. So someone tell me the little stupid thing that I'm failing to do which is preventing this from working?

I'm sure it's got to be some little oversight somewhere - but I'll be darned if I can find it.

Thanks,

Ilene
3 REPLIES
N/A

check subnet masks are teh same on all ur computers and routers as this can be a couse of this. Also check they are in the same IP range.

buz
N/A

Thanks for this - you sent me in the right direction Smiley

It wasn't the subnet that didn't match - it was the gateway. Shockedops: That and the fact that the proxy settings I'd used previously were x.x.x.03 for some reason and this time I'd set them at what I thought I'd used before which was x.x.x.254 lol

Thanks again - you know what it's like when you've looked at things so many times that you just cannot see for looking!

Ilene
N/A

yup Smiley been there many a time.. was wondernig once why my xp update didnt work.. untill i realised the clock was 3hours out (bout 2 hours of testing .. DOH)