cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network between two different places

N/A

I have got two broadband connections with Plus net for two different places with Static IP addresses for each. The both places have their own LANs but I want to join them together. I've got ADSL routers on each end and the servers are constantly ON.

Could somebody please help me that how could I do itHuh?Huh
6 REPLIES
N/A

sounds like you mean you want to enable a "VPN" link. (virtual private network) You would need to check the guides for your router on how to set the VPN up.
N/A

Thanks for the tip mate,

Do you mean that I need to have VPN enabled routers or something Huh? I have got anothe piece of hardware at one side. It is a Netgear Firewall VPN/Router thingi, What if I install the same hardware on the other endHuh Do i need to install some Remote Access software to make it enable or just its original settings would be fine Huh

Please help me out again.
N/A

Hi,

What routers have you got at each end? Depending on that, will determine whether you need a different router at one end.
N/A

I have an ADSL router/modem provided by Plus net at one side. And on the other side I have a copper Jet 810 ADSL router/modem.

I also have a Netgear Router/Firewall with me but this one is not installed yet.

Please help me out.
N/A

Can you provide the model number/details to the netgear router and the PN Supplied Router.
N/A

It depend what you mean by join them together. Do you mean you want to log onto a domian from both sites or just collect files?

If you just wanted to get files etc then you could just do over the internet as you have fixed IP you could tell the firewall to let in traffic only from the other IP.

You could set up a FTP or a webserver it all depend what you want to do. If you tell us more we may come up with something better.