cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear Router Help

N/A

Netgear Router Help

I hope this is the right fourm for this.

Im having problems sending the log file from my netgear router to my email box. I have to set up an "outgoing mail server" and i put in "relay.plus.net" and my plusnet username/password andd it still wont send the log file. Anyone with a netgear router might know what im talking about
7 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

Netgear Router Help

I dont have the netgear so cant help with your problem but i always copy and paste my logs if i need them into a text file as i find it the quickest option

as your logs will be sent as a standard text file anyway cant you do it this way
might just get you sorted for now
KJS
Grafter

Netgear Router Help

have you ticked the box for 'My Mail Server requires authentication' and entered your user name and password?
Community Veteran

Netgear Router Help

I have never been successful with getting the logs emailed reliably from the 2 netgear routers I have used (DG814 & DG834).

In any case the logs on those models are next to useless and have been known to cause lockups on the unit in the past (on the 814 certainly). I would not recommend emailing them to yourself as they serve little purpose.
N/A

Netgear Router Help

Peter I'm surprised you've had problems, I've had both those router sending e-mails without any problems.

slyman2k4, I tend to agree with Peter that e-mailing the logs will serve little purpose. In addition you can down load some free sysdlog software to recieve them on your PC instead, which is easier than via e-mail.

Finally if the Plus Net e-mail server is slow for any reason, then your router may freeze will trying to send the files.
N/A

Netgear 108mbps DG834GT Router - rubbish

I have been using the DG834GT for about 2 months now but it is getting worse...i need to reboot the router every few minutes to regain a connection! i have 2 other friends who have also had to send theirs back as they have broken completely. one other comment is that it actually only runs at 55mbps, apparently my mate says the Netgear helpline even confirmed it. Are we all doing soemthing wrong or is it a rubbish product?
N/A

Netgear Router Help

i think you find that most 108mb wireless routers are not that good at the moment.. i have tired 5 different makes at work and they have all been rubbish for staying up for a long period of time, it would seem since they moved from 11mbs they have been getting worse and worse.. i have a linksys 54mb wirless router at home and its been the 3rd one i ve had and the same issuses all the time, were it will dissconted the wireless side and you have to reset the router which is not great when you have other people on cable and they dont have a single problem
Community Veteran

Netgear Router Help

For DG834GT router problems you need to download their latest beta firmware which is supposed to be much more stable: See http://kbserver.netgear.com/release_notes/D102670.asp also make sure you get the recobvery utility in case things go wrong.

For DG834 & DG834G routers see DG834G NEW Firmware for v2.10.09 and v2.10.17. I tried .17 but had problems (see thread) and have reverted back to .09