cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear DG834G SNMP

Community Veteran

Netgear DG834G SNMP

I know that SNMP on the DG834G aint the best however its working and I have all 3 ports (ADSL,LAN,WI-FI) all showing in the PRTG Traffic Grapher, however its not recording any traffic coming from or going to the ADSL Port, anyone know why this is and how to solve it? The Lan and Wi-Fi ones seem to work fine.
4 REPLIES
N/A

Netgear DG834G SNMP

Its a bug with the snmp daemon on the DG834's - mine does exactly the same - someone did suggest changing the order of the interfaces but it doesn't make any difference.

I've got an open support ticket with them but they make PN look like the fastest company on earth at responding to tickets Wink

I'm hoping they do fix it as the only other way of getting true stat's on my line use is to drop a linux gateway in between my wlan and the router (I've got a standard non-wireless DG834 and a couple of access points providing my wireless network).
Community Veteran

Netgear DG834G SNMP

well i downgraded to the last version before version 3 since theres not many differences and it gives me wake on lan, however even though snmp is in version 2 it doesn't seem to work at all!

EDIT: got it working, forgot to change the Iptable rules to allow it!
N/A

Netgear DG834G SNMP

Using V2 didn't give any better results with snmp than the current version...
Community Veteran

Netgear DG834G SNMP

I downgraded so I can use Wake On Lan