cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Net2Plug

N/A

Net2Plug

Hi
Has anyone used the new packard bell net2plug units for networking, uses your house fixed wiring as network medium. Kit consists of 2 plug units that plug in to a normal socket, and 2 usb leads. Priced at £99.99

details can be found here

I wondered if they were any good :?:

cheers
4 REPLIES
N/A

Net2Plug

A friend was telling me today that he's having problems with getting a pair of net2plugs to connect up.

He has one computer in the house and another in a barn at a distance of 50-75 feet from the house.

He was asking whether I had any ideas ... I suggested bringing the two computers closer together and seeing whether a connection can be made. Not exactly rocket science but a sensible enough suggestion I thought :idea:

I wondered whether net2plugs work if the computers to be connected are on different ring mains :?:

Whether my friend's house and barn are on different rings I wouldn't like to say but this also sprung to mind.

Anyone had any more positive experiences?
N/A

Net2Plug

Hi
I did purchase the net2plug for £49 special offer at PC world, says something don't it.
I use mine just to link to an A1 plotter sited at 1st floor level which is connected to my laptop, my PC is at ground floor, works great and on different ring circuits.
Think the main thing is that they are on the same phase, your friend, is the barn wired from the house, or has it its own incomer (supply) if the barn is wired from the house incomer it should work
N/A

Net2Plug

Well, the way my friend described it was that when they had the barn converted the builders ran a cable from the house to the barn.

So from that description you might expect it to work :!:

However when you start digging (pardon the pun!) sometimes things that builders do aren't quite what they at first appear to be ...

Anyway, am glad that the net2plugs work well for you.
N/A

Net2Plug

Hi, yes I think the main thing with them is that they are on the same phase, assuming your's mates house is single phase incomer, is it possible your mate has a 3 phase incomer or even 2 phases coming in to the house, and the buliders have wired the barn off another phase?