cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nero power callibration error

N/A

I use to main programs to burn data onto DVD+R discs. Nero and DVD decrypter.

Ive recently started getting power calibration errors either at the beginning or end of the burn. Sometimes the disc even says its burnt ok but then wont load in my PC.

The discs i use are either Verbatim or TDK. If i reduced the burn speed would this do anything? Ive tried cleanin the dvd lens but that didnt help.

My drive is an NEC ND-1300a. Any help would be great.
5 REPLIES
N/A

I have the same drive. I would suggest you upgrade to the latest firmware which you can get from the NEC website (from vague memory of doing this myself, it's easier to find it on the german website than it is on the US website).

Reducing the burn speed sometimes helps, but a firmware upgrade is preferable.

Power calibration errors are usually caused by poor quality media, or media that the drive is not 'aware' of (i.e. the drive's firmware is old).
keithcalder
Grafter

I've seen this many times before, mainly caused by adaptec aspi drivers, or lack of. Try downloading and installing the latest ones from the adaptec site, or alternatively search for "force aspi" in google. This will get you a set of drivers that will install without any problem, sometimes the adaptec ones can be funny if you have no scsi devices installed.

Hope this helps

Keith
N/A

Ive installed the Force ASPI ones. It said that there wasnt any present before so i guess that may be the problem. Ill try burning a disc and see what happens
N/A

Open Nero Info Tool and check the ASPI tab status.
N/A

Force ASPI worked great. Burns perfectly now. Thanks for the help guys Smiley Much appreciated