cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO Beeps?

N/A

NO Beeps?

ok ok iv installed new MB and everyhting to go with it in the right place, power is there lights on disks drives ect fans running ,BUT not signal to screen ok swapped video cards, rebooted, same respmce, I AM not getting any beeps at all, would any one agree that it may be bad memory or is there another reason for this, help please, many thanks Antony
6 REPLIES
Rich
Grafter

NO Beeps?

I've seen this in the past when the processor wasn't seated properly.
N/A

NO Beeps?

Is there onboard video you could use? Just to try and narrow down the problem.
N/A

NO Beeps?

If your not getting any error codes (bleeps) then check your processor and make sure the ram is seated correctly.
N/A

NO Beeps?

When this happens I find the best thing to do is take everything out, and then put the processor, memory and graphics card (unless there is on-board graphics) back in again and try to power up the system with that. If it still fails to boot, you have at least narrowed things down a bit Smiley
holdtight
Grafter

NO Beeps?

Agreed !

this would be my way of working also !
N/A

Before dismantling

your PC, I'd make sure you have plugged in all the cables the right way. If you plug the floppy cable the wrong way around, it will prevent the PC from booting. The same applies to CD/DVD/HDD.

It is also very easy to bend one of the pins on the drive I/F, if you are not careful, so it is a good idea to check that one out as well. I've been in IT support for some 20 years and occasionally I plug things the wrong way around, when I'm in a hurry, so I'm not surprised if other people do.

It is also possible that a faulty card pulls the +5 V down, so remove all the cards apart from the graphic card. Also, you don't need the drives to be connected to the motherboard to get a video signal out to the screen. Try your system in its minimal configuration and then add the devices one at a time, to see what is causing the problem.