cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAT and IP Lookup

N/A

NAT and IP Lookup

I have a DSL ethernet modem / router. The problem is that it gives my machine an Ip address of 192.168.1.2 via DHCP. My real IP is static and begins with 212.11..... What i want to be able to do is to access my machine from elsewhere by typing into the webbrowser the real ip address.

I used to be able to do this before i upgraded my modem. Im using a Binatone ADSL 200 and a powerbook.
2 REPLIES
N/A

NAT and IP Lookup

Hi,

You should be able to do this by forwarding the appropriate ports on your router to your PC.

I.E. if you want to access a webserver on your machine, then configure your router to forward port 80 to the IP address of your PC. Any packets received on the Internet side of your router that are destined for port 80, will then be DNAT'd and sent to your PC, which then should be able to respond in the usual manner.

Regards,
D'Essen
Community Veteran

NAT and IP Lookup

You need to set up forwarding rules on the router to forward the required ports to your machine. If you just require web then port 80 should cover it.

Also you will have to change your internal IP address to fixed, or the forwarding rules may fail after rebooting.

Chilly