cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My bios?

N/A

My bios?

Hi,

Iv'e just updated my bios on my motherboard to take upto a higher CPU, trouble is iv'e noticed it showing 1050MHZ on the boot screen now instead of 1600MHZ which my CPU is, iv'e been told to go into frequencys/Voltages i changed a setting called CPU FSB clock from 100 mhz to 133 mhz and that got me my 1600 back on the boot screen :-) only trouble is there's other settings and need to know if there correct? the ones im concerned about is CPUCheesyRAM Clock Ratio thats set at 1:1 all the others are basically default, i am usually good at this type of stuff but lost my knowledge from lack of messing about in the bios for over a year. if someone with the know could just confirm things are ok and nothing else needs changing, i would be grateful, Thanks Wink
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

My bios?

Default settings are usually fine, especially when it comes to memory timing as it often gets the best timing from the RAM itself, and other parameters like CPU voltages etc are read from the CPU itself.

In your case I would just limit the changes to 133FSB and run with it and see how you go. Once you are happy it is stable, and you are willing to experiment you could try tweaking some of the other settings. But unless you are after the max speed for your system (including overclocking the processor etc), I would just leave it as it is.
N/A

My bios?

My processor on my pc is a amd 2100 but it does go down some times. U go to bios go 2 the processor bit and press the plus or minus button. I think thats what ur on about
Community Veteran

My bios?

Just changing the FSB speed is all that is required in this case as the processor type is detected automatically by the BIOS. Normally when a new BIOS is installed it defaults to 100MHz FSB and you just have to change it back for correct operation.
N/A

My bios?

Thanks alot for your reply's, i have just changed the FSB from 100 mhz to 133mhz and it seems stable to me so far, so i will leave it to that all deafult settings apart from 133 mhz FSB. wish i had alook at what it was on before on flashed the bios but im sure it detected it last time correctly. ah well atleast it should be able to take a higher CPU now Smiley hope all is well

Thanks
N/A

My bios?

Just to further this.

You should always try and run your cpu and memory 1:1 (in sync) If you dont you could have a bottom neck with either the cpu or memory.

For example, my computer is running a AMD2500+ and my FSB is running at 205mhz (instead of 166mhz) my memory is DDR400 which at default runs at 200mhz. If I didnt run these in sync, my processer would be running faster than my memory and thus my memory would cause a bottleneck.

So just by changing a setting my 2500+ is running faster than a 3200+

hope this helps