Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Displays

jabb0
Grafter

Multiple Displays

Hello,

I have recently setup dual display system, 19Inch TFT and a 15Inch TFT running off of a bitchin ATI Radeon 9800 256mb dual display graphics card.

Now this is makin my life soooo much easier, so now i want to be greedy, and get a third display (15Inch) up and running...
Where am i going to plug this one in, obviously ill need a second graphics card, which is going to have to be PCI.

Now the advice i need is what PCI graphics card should i waste my money onHuh
I dont think i will be running games on 3 monitors (are there even any games that would support thisHuh) so i need something that will do the job, that is normal computer stuff, like surf the net, develop code, and the like, without screwing up the setup i already have and without wasting too much of my hard earned sponjulies.

Any ideasHuh
6 REPLIES
N/A

Multiple Displays

Sounds kl
But I think your right
Nothing will support thre screens
You might just end up with a clone of one of the other screens

But tell me if you succeed

Moderator's note by Chris (fa55dsl): Duplicate post removed..
the_norris
Grafter

Multiple Displays

See this Link

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/multimonitor.mspx

Looks like 10 monitors are supported!!!!

I can just remember my Win 2000 training course - think you could have as mays monitor as there was PCI slots. But then this was the time dualport card did not exist.

Phil
jabb0
Grafter

Multiple Displays

Windows will support up to and including 9 monitors simultaneously, which is one hell of a desktop.

What i need to know is the name of a good PCI graphics card?

Does anyone know of any games which will support 3 monitors?
N/A

Multiple Displays

Wow

You could have like 360 Degree Gaming!!!

"Look he's behind you"

*Swivel Swivel*

Darn it, too slow!

:lol:
N/A

Multiple Displays

Re: What i need to know is the name of a good PCI graphics card?

You'll struggle to find anything much better than a Radeon 9200SE in PCI (or the GeForce equivalent), due to the bandwidth limitations of PCI in comparison with AGP. (Probably around the £40-mark).
N/A

Multiple Displays

Running my third monitor on a radeon 7000 which is fine for all 2D applications but i think it would run a mile from polygons.