cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mp3 connectivity

morgan2476
Grafter

Mp3 connectivity

I have just purchased an mp3 player. on one of the computers at work it connects ok, but when i try and connect with my home pc it tries to install an mtp device which fails any ideas what the problem is?
7 REPLIES
Aterlatus
Grafter

Mp3 connectivity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_Transfer_Protocol

See if the device manufacturer has any updated drivers for your OS. Smiley
morgan2476
Grafter

Mp3 connectivity

i have tried that they said that it was an issue with sp2 and that one should go back to sp1. But i have tried it on one with sp2 at it was ok
Aterlatus
Grafter

Mp3 connectivity

Go back to SP1? Eesh, what kind of advice is that... It's like saying "What, your car won't fit in your garage? Well just leave the door open then."

Got a make/model and someone with spare time can look into it for you? I'm sure there'll be a way to talk to it as a memory stick rather than using the MTP.
morgan2476
Grafter

Mp3 connectivity

i have tried connecting it without the battery to see if it would recognise it as a memory stick but it has made no difference.
N/A

Mp3 connectivity

Make sure that you have the latest version of Windows Media Player and after any update make sure that you reboot your PC. They try opening Windows Media Player and, with it still open, connecting the MP3 player. Also try any other USB ports that are available.
morgan2476
Grafter

Mp3 connectivity

problem solved - i left the mp3 on and put the setting on it as data and the pc recognised it as a removable disk everything is now ok thanks for all the comments
Aterlatus
Grafter

Mp3 connectivity

Great to hear - enjoy the tunes Smiley