cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor Worth Fixing ?

joecool
Grafter

Monitor Worth Fixing ?

Hi have an old CRT Monitor , which 'just would not come on' the other day.. no problems before hand..........Have been advised not to bother having it fixed!?...............it is almost 4yr old..........

Realise probably cost more for someone to look at it ?

But just wondering , if not where should they be disposed of , just wondering about parts etc

Thx
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Monitor Worth Fixing ?

My local council tip will dispose of old TVs and monitors - they have a separate section for these so try your local tip.
joecool
Grafter

Monitor Worth Fixing ?

Cheers !! Smiley
N/A

Monitor Worth Fixing ?

sell it on ebay :p
joecool
Grafter

Monitor Worth Fixing ?

Ok !! Cheesy Wink
Pooks
Grafter

Monitor Worth Fixing ?

Hi,

If you haven't done already, make sure that it is actually the monitor at fault and not the cable. If you currently have no signs of power going to the monitor, try plugging in the power cable from your PC and see if it lights up. Worth a look incase it isn't actually the monitor at fault.

As for repairs, unless it was an incredibly expensive model in the first place then it probably isn't worth it. New 15" CRT's are available for under £50 and larger monitors for not much more.

You could try Ebay, but unless somebody is prepared to pick it up, your postage is going to be a tad pricey for a broken monitor! Smiley

Cheers,

Craig.
joecool
Grafter

Monitor Worth Fixing ?

Well its gone now ..........new LCD in place......

Thx anyway ........Smiley
Community Veteran

Monitor Worth Fixing ?

I wouldnt bother selling it on ebay, the postage costs for an old monitor will be high, they generally weigh a bit more and are a bit more bulky to the CRTs out today and I cant imagine anyone would buy a faulty monitor for any more than £2-3 bearing in mind the postage costs.

The tip is the best bet.

Chris
joecool
Grafter

Monitor Worth Fixing ?

No I wouldn't have bothered with EBAY......ONLY JOKING ! Smiley
N/A

Monitor Worth Fixing ?

so was i btw :p