cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modme Borken?

N/A

Modme Borken?

My ADSL BT Voyager 105 does not connect to the internet. I click connect and says "dialing 0,38" it then says, there was no dial tone :? But the adsl or data doesnt light up altho the adsl only lights up for a split second when I turn my computer on. :? :?
14 REPLIES
shellsong
Grafter

Modme Borken?

Do you know how to use an ADSL modem? The reason I ask is because it sounds like you are trying to use "dial-up" software and ADSL doesn't use dial-up. Maybe you should look closely at the instructions that came with your modem
N/A

Modme Borken?

eh? Well the instructions were pretty much basic...like connectioning it up and follow the step-by-step cd. Then click then connect button and HEY PRESTO connected. Unfortunetly mine dont do that. I havent touched the config and thats the way it dials out :? :?
N/A

Modme Borken?

I can confirm that that is the way I've seen them work, however I only ever used mine for testing (to eliminate chances of failed routers causing connection problems)
I'll dig it out when I get home and have a scan through to see if I can help at all.
shellsong
Grafter

Modme Borken?

I've just seen the installation instructions for the Voyager 105 and you seem to be right! :shock: Those must be the wierdest ADSL modem intallation instructions I've ever seen-- weird with a capital WEEE! Whoever wrote the software must have just decided to modify a dialup script!

Are you sure you fed in the Username and Password correctly? I'm afraid I shall probably have to leave fault diagnosis of this particular beast to those who know it's foibles since I can't find much of use about it-- if you don't mind me saying so, it looks like a bit of a one legged dog! :?
Community Veteran

Modme Borken?

USB modem drivers were written in 2 ways:

1) installs and uses the the dialup connection type.
2) Installs as a network driver like a network card

the 105 uses the dialup method for communication as do many other USB based modems.

Are you sure you have all your phones, faxes and sky box connected through an ADSL filter/splitter?

Try connecting direct to the master socket without any other phones connected.
N/A

Modme Borken?

Ive tried ^above^, doesnt help....The adsl still doesnt light up I dont know why its doing this, there doesnt seem to be a signal either... Sad Would I be better off just getting a new modem?
N/A

Modme Borken?

Do you know anybody whose modem/router you could borrow to double check that its not a line issue before you spend cash?
I would certainly opt for a router over a modem, but it all depends on personal choice, partly driven by how you want to use it and how often etc.
N/A

Modme Borken?

My friend has given me a Voyager 205 router..when I hooked it up the dsl light flashed on and off, so did the data. I then got the chance to download drivers for it although going through the process it asked to link up the modem to the computer I did so but it didnt seem to read it, it just kept the same screen asking for me to connect the modem hardware to the computer...
N/A

Modme Borken?

I think you need to install the CD with drivers first, then only hook it up when prompted, otherwise windows (Im presuming you have XP - it sounds like XP behaviour) automatically attempts to install drivers, and makes a hash of it, causing it to not be recognised as new hardware once you are in the process of installing the drivers.
Try the add/remove hardware wizard in control panel to eliminate all trace of the 205 modem, then run the installer on the cd, and plug it in only when the program tells you to.
Hopefully will be working then.
If it installs correctly you'll be able to see if it connects or not, (and then decide if your's is goosed or not)
N/A

Modme Borken?

Post subject: Modme Borken?

No kidding, pimp my ride Smiley
N/A

Modme Borken?

The good thing is, Google knows what was meant!
Google it, and receive the suggestion:
Did you mean: Modem Broken
Community Veteran

Modme Borken?

i have one of these and use it all the time. it came "free" with BB+ and i can't afford a router Sad however it's proved very reliable and quick (tho i guess it helps that my snr and att are excellent)
Couple of thoughts:
Does the "power" light come on when it's plugged in to your USB port? These modems are a bit notorious for being sensitive to the amount of power they can draw from the USB port as well. If there's no power it's not gonna work ...
The 105 installation guide is very basic but also really clear. You must install the software before connecting the modem to the USB port.
Why not try uninstalling it completely (sw and hw), rebooting and then follow install instructions to the letter?

On the other hand of course its perfectly possible that your modme could indeed be borken
N/A

Modme Borken?

Well Ive re-installing drivers hooking it up etc blah blah Numberous times and still no change and omg Yes its on! the P-O-W-E-R is on I just said adsl doesnt light up. :roll: As for 205 voyager my mate didnt give me a cd he lost it but I just downloaded the software and installed it.
The_10th
Grafter

Re: Modme Borken?

My ADSL BT Voyager 105 does not connect to the internet. I click connect and says "dialing 0,38" it then says, there was no dial tone :? But the adsl or data doesnt light up altho the adsl only lights up for a split second when I turn my computer on. :? :?
that would be for VPI and VCI (ATM path and channel connection)

The good thing is, Google knows what was meant!
Google it, and receive the suggestion:
www.google.co.uk wrote:
Did you mean: Modem Broken

Dyslexia rules KO (someone once said - not me though!!)