cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing dial up

crusty
Grafter

Missing dial up

I am in the process of rebuilding my PC set up after a partitioning accident and have a problem that I did not have before.

I have set up my dial-up connection to plusnet. It works fine but it does not show in my network and dial up connections nor do the two screens show in the system tray when connected. This obviously makes it hard to disconnect.

I ran both norton antivirus and the online trend virus scan but they found nothing.

I am using win2k, a US robotics external modem and "show icon in taskbar when connected" is checked. I have scoured the internet for a solution but to no avail.

Can anyone help :?:
2 REPLIES
N/A

Missing dial up

Hi there. . .

This is most probably a tick box that is missing a tick. .

If you find the connection you created in the network and dial up connections folder (Dial up networkin if your pre-2000 windows OS) and right click on the Icon and go to properties. .

You should see a tick box that states "Show Icon when connected" and it probably isn't ticked. .

if this doesn't resolve it. . re-create the connection and check if the tick is there on the new connection. .

Hope this helps.
crusty
Grafter

Missing dial up

The "Show Icon when connected" box is checked.

The connection does not show in my network and dial up connections.

I have recreated it a few times, the box is always checked but it does not work.