cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Office 2000

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Microsoft Office 2000

I need to re-load my copy of Microsoft Office 2000 onto a new PC, but have stupidly lost the product key.

I vaguely recall there is a way of retrieving the key, can anybody help?

I have access to another PC running my copy of Office 2000 (same key used) or I have the disk available to me.

Help!!!
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Microsoft Office 2000

I'm fairly sure that if you run Belarc Advisor (from www.belarc.com) it will tell you the product key used for the installation.
painswck
Grafter

Microsoft Office 2000

Hi mariglenn,

You are right it does - and more.

Thanks had not come across that software before, very useful.

Roland
N/A

Microsoft Office 2000

I think clicking on help and then about, normally displays the product key as well.

Aaron
Community Veteran

Microsoft Office 2000

Thanks guy's, your thoughts are much appreciated.

However, it is the serial number that appears in "about" not the product key unfortunately, the two are quite different.

And I'm sure the search programme works very well, but again unfortunately the PC with the working Office 2000 on it is no longer connectable to the internet, which makes that one a non-starter for me.

And finally, with the nagging feeling that I simply wouldn't have thrown something as important as that away (he said hopefully) I set about one last search through my increasingly untidy office...turned it over and gave it a good shake and eventually out it fell, and of course it had been right under my nose all along put away so carefully as I knew someday it would be needed.

So thanks again guy's

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Pooks
Grafter

Microsoft Office 2000

Hi,

Glad you found it. Office 2000 appears to be an anomoly in Microsoft's normal workings. Almost every other version of Office, Windows etc appear to be less picky about the way they store the product key and there is software that allows you to do it. AFAIK the only way to retrieve the Office 2000 key (without shaking your Office about) is to contact Microsoft with the serial number (and possibly a few other bits and pieces of info) who will then provide you with another.

Cheers,

Craig.
Community Veteran

Microsoft Office 2000

Cheer's Pooks...

Yes, your last suggestion occurred to me as well, however it would I think presume in the first place that one's copy of Office 2000 had been registered with Microsoft, and uhmm...