Having just changed my HDD, installed Win XP & Service pack 2, plus all updates, I now find that I am unable to connect to Microsoft Internet Explorer, I can open Google & seach for a site, their list of sites opens up, but when I click on a site, I get the message "cannot find server Microsoft Internet Explorer".
Can you tell me what I have set up wrong please.
I am sending this message from, wifes computer, that is on a network from my computernorm
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Navigate to the Menu labelled "Tools"
3. Navigate the drop down list to "Internet Options..."
4. In the new windows push the "Connections" tab
5. Click the button at the top labelled "Setup"
6. Follow the Wizard, use the "Home Network" option to open up the Network Wizard.
Follow that wizard and everything should start working after a reboot.