cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone on/off

N/A

Microphone on/off

Hi All
Can anyone help me here. A while ago, when I got my Audigy ZS, I switched of the mike that is connected to the back of my tower case, as, when I plugged a mike into the Audigy it still recorded from the computer mike. I just selcted a check box which switched of the mike. The problem is I can't remember how I accessed it, I want to switch it back on, but I can't find where to do it. can anyone help please?
Cheers

Ken
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Microphone on/off

Start -> programs -> accessories

And look for volume control (it's called this on my XP PC) either where you are or in a folder (Entertainment in XP's case). If microphone is not showing chose options then properties and select the microphone to be viewed.

The sound card should have come with some config software where this can be configured also. It may be called the mixer or sound control or something.
N/A

Microphone on/off

If using Windows XP, you shoudl also change the default recording input.

Goto the Control panel, and select "Sounds and Audio Devices".

Under the Audio tab, select the correct default device for "Sound recording" and the same under the Coice tab.
N/A

Microphone on/off

Thanks for the replies guys, but it's not under any of these, I had investigated all these options prior to posting, I have clicked every tab available and still can't find it. I know it's somewhere, but where?
Any other ideas anyone?
Community Veteran

Microphone on/off

It is there, you may have to change certain options to see it (like I suggested).

It should also be possible via the sound card utilities.