Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message when closing down or logging off

chrisco
Grafter

Hi all,

When closing down or logging off, I sometimes get a dialogue box saying "windowsformparkingwindow" with an option of ending the programme by clicking end now. Has anyone any idea what's causing it. I've tried doing a search on the MS website but nothing comes up. :?

Regards, Chris Cole
10 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

Hi Chris
this message is usually associated with programming so why it would be coming up on your system i dont know, have a look Here for an explanation of sorts
i cant see as this will give you a cure but at least its some info

if anyone else knows please chip in now !
N/A

There are mentions of certain HP products causing these issues. Notably in the link provided by holdtight the suspect seems to be HP Image zone.
I have only come across in once, and that was when I installed an 4-in-one printer, although uninstalling it and then re-installing it seemed to fix it.
Community Veteran

I had a similar problem with a hp notebook but not any hp software. The offending software was kazaa and norton I belive - both of which are long gone off the machine.
N/A

Boo and Hiss - not a fan of either.
chrisco
Grafter

Thanks Bill, James & Daniel. I read through the link & as I have a HP psc 2410 & I took on board the advice to take the HP Image Zone Fast Start out of my start up menu. It's too soon to tell whether it's fixed the windowsparking thingy but my machine seems to be working much faster whereas I was getting loads of hangs & frustrating general slowness(? is there such a word don't want to upset the grammar/spelling fraternity again!).
A worrying problem I had just now instead of the other, was a blue screen crash & evidently the MS crash analysis tells me it was caused by an HP printer driver HPZid412/HPZius12. I think I'm scared! By making the image zone alteration have I caused this? :shock:

Chris Cole
holdtight
Grafter

Hi Chris, sounds promising and dont worry about the grammar/spelling fraternity as most of them make typos or spelling mistakes too

removing Image Zone from your start menu shouldnt cause a system crash and as seen as it was related to the driver i would see if there are any later drivers for your HP and install them

while your there it would be worth having a look for any known issues regarding your psc 2410 in the support section or forums as this would be the best place to start
chrisco
Grafter

Thanks Bill, have checked on HP web site & I've got the most up to date drivers, have uninstalled & reinstalled but too early to tell if thats worked. Also contacted HP help line they did'nt seem to know about the problem or that they were working on a fix as MS said they were!? They also don't seem to have any forums on their site, or at least I couldn't see one, if there's anyone else who might have encountered this or if they have any ideas, in the meantime I shall have to wait & see what occurs over the next couple of days.

Regards, Chris
holdtight
Grafter

An uninstall / reinstall is always a good idea in cases like this and hopefully it will have fixed your problem
keep us informed if you have any more trouble with it as there is always someone here who will be able to help you
chrisco
Grafter

Hi again,
Still getting blue screens, I seem to be able to induce them by switching users (we have 4 different a/cs on our machine) . I did try a search & although I found references to the problem no solution. Whilst trawling I came across a site, www.pconpoint.com/?hop=myklm advertising a product claiming to clean up your machine, I ran their free scan & to my horror the result said I had 600+ errors on my machine - over 400 of which were in the system registry. :shock: What I would like to know is:
1) Can these checkers be believed or is it a sales pitch to scare the hell out of you so you go on to buy, (when the scan is complete you have to buy the software for complete removal of all errors).
2) Do they work 100% as I have no probs with buying but would be seriously upset if I did & it didn't work. Any views or experience of this from some of you techies, (which I'm not)

I'm very disillusioned with HP support as they are no help at all & just plead ignorant of the fact there is a problem with these drivers, interestingly, I've only had the printer since June last year & already it's been discontinued & it was a fairly recent model when I bought, am I just being cynical!?
Can any one help Sad

Regards, Chris Cole
N/A

Hi chris

Ive found from experience that its best to uninstall any "utilities" that are supplied by vendors, such as HP, or whoever and rely on the following (ie HP system checker tools or whatever they are called" You might be best trying to find just the driver on its own rather than the installer pack

On another notes re the fix software

I (and most ppl) recommend whats below

Spyware removal - spybot and to a lesser extent now ad-aware
AV - AVG as an always on thing and visiting www.pandasoftware.com and using there free online scanner
firewall - zonealarm, although im having a look at some others recently
Browser - firefox
Email client - thunderbird
Regular windows updates (new batch comes out every month is a must)
Also if you are feeling confident stop unneccesary services in XP (i assume you are using xp if not ignore this), you can do this by going into control panel, admin tools, services, click each one and set to disable (such as messenger etc)
Best to check up on what each does first, so you dont destroy your machine
Also on XP if you dont have SP2 yet now is the time to get it.

Also dont trust downloadable software that claims to fix problems, if you use the above properly you wont need them anyway and also these fix tools will prob cause more problems, could contain malware or change important settings leaving you worse off than before

I stick to the above, and rarely have problems.

Hope this helps.