Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media Drive

jabb0
Grafter

Media Drive

Heya,

jus purchased a lil media drive to fit into my 3.5 bay. mainly to read my SD card from my digicam without eating batteries.

It wants to plug into my mobo, but the only connector is taken by by the usb's on the front of my case.

so i am left in an either/or situation. Not the end of the world but it would be nice to have both.

Any of you guys think of a way round this?

prolly askin for the impossible tho!!!
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Media Drive

Yer, I had the same dilema, however I found a media drive with a usb port on the front! Smiley Problem solved.

Or you could get one of those little usb hubs that plug into rear port, then sit on your desk, or on top of your tower,
N/A

Media Drive

Are you sure that there is not another USB pin out on the mobo, they usually come in pairs
I suppose one solution would be to terminate your media drive lead with a USB plug and buy a £5 PCI USB card with an internal port
jabb0
Grafter

Media Drive

Shockedops:
I opened the case to install the thing today. Last night i was reading from the manual and it only indicated 1 such connector. To my surprise there were indeed 2, woo and hoo Cheesy

Thanks for your replies
N/A

Media Drive

you could have gone for the hard core option, and linked the two together using wirecutters, strippers, solder and electircal tape Smiley
Community Veteran

Media Drive

Shockedops:
I opened the case to install the thing today. Last night i was reading from the manual and it only indicated 1 such connector. To my surprise there were indeed 2, woo and hoo Cheesy

Thanks for your replies

Bah! U SuX!
<Adds jabb0 to ignore list>

Tongue :lol: Just kidding fella. Wink
N/A

Media Drive

it would seem that RTFM would not apply here then lol
Community Veteran

Media Drive

:lol: idd. haha