cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure throughput between PC and router?

FooAtari
Grafter

Does anyone know of a free tool than can measure throughput between PC and router?
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

If you use Windoze then TaskManager will give you throughput of your ethernet port by ticking the appropriate checkboxes.
FooAtari
Grafter

Hmmm, which tick boxes is that then? Can't see anything at the moment but i'll have a hunt around google.
Community Veteran

Netwroking tab then use View -> select Columns

or try netmeter which isn't mantained but is free and works fine http://readerror.gmxhome.de/
Community Veteran

Windows task Manager > View > Select columns

Chilly
Community Veteran

Doh!

Must type faster, or abuse my moderating privileges and remove post the pipped me! :lol:

Chilly
Community Veteran

touch my post and you'll get your flippers slapped
N/A

You cant measure it as you cant send anything to the router which is what you are asking. If you send a 10 meg file to another pc and time it then that would tell you the spead from your pc to the router and then to the other pc.

The speed would be governed by how fast your disk could send the data, how long it takes for the AV to scan it. then how quick the data cant get to the router and other pc. In that would be cpu time Av scan on the receiving pc etc.

All network connection will be 100 meg less 20% QOS in xp plus any delay from cpu disk av.
FooAtari
Grafter

Thanks for that.

Well I was able to stream a HD clip to the Xbox and copy a large file to another comp "pretty quickly" not exactly scientific but shows the equipment I bought does what I need it to do Cheesy