cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac Mini

Community Veteran

Mac Mini

Anyone got one or had one or know anyone who has? Are they any good. I'm thinking of getting one.

I just think it would be a nice toy for a few months, learn the OS and have a play.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Mac Mini

if you want to learn the OS get the tiger OSX for intel chips and whip it onto your own PC. The mac mini its self is a nice pc for what it was designed for (looking good - little funcuality) however its not exactly powerfull so you will only really be able to do work etc on it.
N/A

Mac Mini

If you want to learn the OS get the tiger OSX for intel chips and whip it onto your own PC.

All reports suggest the Intel version Mac OS X software will not run on bog standand PC's, without it being heavily hacked.

The Mac Mini is a good little machine providing you give it lots of memory I would suggest 1Gb if you intend on memory intensive programs. It's no worse than the iBook in speed which is pretty well than adequate for home use stuff, except running the latest games.

Martin
Community Veteran
holdtight
Grafter

Mac Mini

Thanks for the links Peter they make for a very useful read might even have a go
myself

Cheers

Bill.
N/A

Mac Mini

tbh id wait till after xmas, where the ibook will have a pentium M chip in it, and should be (they say) retailing for about 400 quid Wink