cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP3 to audio CD

Brickinit
Grafter

MP3 to audio CD

i have been using MP3Doctor to decode MP3's so i can then burn to disc to enable me to listen to my music in a conventional CD player. MP3 Doctor has stopped working for whatever reason and i was wondering if anyone can suggest a simular easy to use program, of coarse preferably free.
9 REPLIES
N/A

MP3 to audio CD

nero can do it, and you can do it from windows media player as well.
Brickinit
Grafter

MP3 to audio CD

i know windows media player will convert TO MP3 but i can't see how to convert back likewise Nero
Alecto
Grafter

MP3 to audio CD

With Nero, and presumably WMP though I've not used it, you just select "Create Audio CD", then drag the MP3 files to the burn list and it converts them for you.
There isn't a separate conversion process to go through like there is with DVDs (or if there is, it's so quick you don't notice it).
Brickinit
Grafter

MP3 to audio CD

ok you are both sooooo right, i really should read things more carefully.
thanks to you both
_lecro_
Grafter

MP3 to audio CD

Winamp will do the trick or a prog i found that is virtually fool proof is Ashampoo Burning Studio 5 not free unless you know how to make it so Wink Wink
But its incredibly simple to use and i never had a bad disc using it Wink Wink
Semiotic
Grafter

MP3 to audio CD

What none of them will do is restore the quality lost when compressing to MP3 which is OK if you are listening to Death Metal on tiny earphones but really notices if it's Bach or Schoenberg on proper speakers
N/A

MP3 to audio CD

Agreed with peter above - If your mp3's are encoded at 128kb/s or less then the music is going to sound pretty naff when played through your hifi speakers.
Even at a bitrate of 256kb/s (which I used to use for my collection) I noted quite obvious degredation in quality when played through my home hifi system (which is only a mediocre affair)
N/A

MP3 to audio CD

Use Foobar2000 special edition. Not at all resource hungry and so far, the ONLY thing I've seen that can burn mp3s gaplessly. (i.e. as they would be on a CD with no extra or missing bits at all).

Nero is alright but falls down on gapless burning, even with the no gaps option on. DJ mixes/live albums always end up glitching. Meh.

Its free and dead simple.

Select full installation
Put files in Foobar
Highlight
Right click
Write CD

You WILL need Nero Burning ROM (or a demo of it) sat on your PC since it uses that to do that actual burning. But handling of mp3 encoding to CDs is second to none!
N/A

MP3 to audio CD

I play all my mp3 music on the PC, but when I put it in the dvd player I have no problems. I've got Nero Express and so far had great results. Could be new cd players are needed to be purchased, ask santa nicely ...