cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP3 Files

N/A

MP3 Files

I have a lot of MP3 files saved on my computer from my collection of cds. Most are very large file sizes as they are high quality with bitrates 128 or higher.

Can I convert these files so as they do not take up as much space and enable me to save them onto mp3 player so as I can fit on mor tracks? :?: :?:
6 REPLIES
N/A

MP3 Files

Firstly 128k mp3s files are not high quality.

CD quality is 192k minimum with a decent ripper and a decent codec.

To answer your question I have 2 suggestions:

1) mp3pro - typically 1/2 the size of mp3s. I don't like them myself, but they are popular with people who care more for quantity of mp3s in their collection rather than quality.

2) dbpoweramp - a useful conversion tool from one media type to another - also rips cds. You could reduce all your mp3s to as little as 16k files.

Google for download sites if interested.
N/A

MP3 Files

i have recently downloaded dbpoweramp but have not used it yet. i have used cdex in the past and liked it, although i copied the cda to the hard drive before ripping as cdex did not rip well driectly from the cd.

to copy the cda to your harddrive, you will need to download the new cdfs.sys file. it works with win95, 98x and maybe me, but not xp and not sure about w2k. i have my main pc dual-booting between win98se and xp pro.
N/A

MP3 Files

to copy the cda to your harddrive, you will need to download the new cdfs.sys file. it works with win95, 98x and maybe me, but not xp and not sure about w2k. i have my main pc dual-booting between win98se and xp pro.

What would you need to do that for?
N/A

MP3 Files

suck it up and realise technology is quite poor so dont wish for a billion mp3s in perfect quality to stuff inside your 512mb mp3 player Tongue

Be conservative with your choice
N/A

MP3 Files

or buy an Archos AV480 they rock! sorry I'll get me coat :shock:
N/A

MP3 Files

What would you need to do that for?

the new cdfs.sys file is quite good in that you can browse files on audio disks as .wav files. on a couple of occasions, i had to manipulate songs from a cd or two so my daughter could sing them karaoke style (you invert one side of the stereo signal and marry them back in mono to remove the sounds up-the-centre).