cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB/processor

morgan2476
Grafter

MB/processor

I have a pc chips mb which came bundled with a duron1200 - can i replace this processor with a sempron 2200, also the processor runs at 950 instead of 2200. There is nothing on the mb to adjust the speed and no means of altering anything in the bios. I have a program called fanspeed in which you can change the speed but i need to know what kind of clock generator is on the board - would appreciate some help
7 REPLIES
N/A

MB/processor

Hi there,

Unfortunately the details you have given are very vague. When you say bundled do you mean the CPU was already fitted with a hs+f on top ( as pc chips did do durons with on board cpu's) or do you mean simply bought together.

Your best bet is probably to google your answer looking for online tutorials or even a forum as per your specific motherboard model.

Regards,
Community Veteran

MB/processor

What is the exact mobo model number? You should be able to find out what processors the mobo supports on the pcchips website under support -> CPU support.

As for the speed issue, you probably need to adjust the FSB to 133 instead of 100 which if I remember is on the same BIOS config pages as the memory speed setting. I.e. try setting the speed to 133/133.
Community Veteran

MB/processor

PCchips website suXorZ

Try this:- http://www.stud.fernuni-hagen.de/q3998142/pcchips/

Hit the link "Start your journey here.............etc" and enter your mobo details.

**EDIT** LOL It is soooo long since I used the site I linked you to, and I just tried it and realised it too now SuXoRz! 404's on the links to your mobo manual etc. sorry! Shockedops:
I SuXoRz!
morgan2476
Grafter

mb/cpu

thanks for the views - pc chips 810 LMR the board and cpu came connected i have never taken it of but i don't think it is soldered
N/A

MB/processor

Ahh,

This one goes up to a total of 1.2Ghz in cpu speed. So it wont take the Sempron Sad, well not unless you start flashing the bios in hope.

If I remember it rightly its the smallest ever heatsink you have seen and an even smaller fan?
Morgan, besides if you want my honest opinion, I wouldnt bother keeping a pc chips motherboard anyway. you can get yourself a new one for less than £30 which hasmore credability.

Regards,
N/A

MB/processor

None of the above post mentions that Duron is the old Sempron.

Duron is SDRAM (100/133 [200 and 266] MHZ)
Sempron is DDR SDRAM (333/400MHZ)

Both models are out-shined by their big brother the Athlon.

So you dont only need a new motherboard, you require new memory also otherwise your seriously limiting the Processors capabilities. It will work on a 100/133Mhz FSB but it will be a hell of a lot slower.

As you can see from this link, your motherboard doesnt even openly support Sempron processors because it could never run it at full power due to it only supporting 133MHZ Memory.

You need DDR333 or above memory and a motherboard that is compatible with DDR333 Memory and Processors.

Sorry for the bad news Sad
morgan2476
Grafter

thanks

thanks to all who replied