cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB A8V Deluxe wireless edition

N/A

Hiya,

being quite new to networking and broadband, I wanted a home broadband wireless connection (only one phone socket in another room) would I be right in saying that the above motherboard with its WIFI@home 802.11 b/g card already built on would be compatable with the plusnet wireless router without any other hardware, or am I barking up the wrong tree ??

many thanks
11 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

If it has onboard Wifi, providing you are in range this will be compatible with the Plusnet Wifi Router without problem.

Secondly, have you looked anywhere else for a modem/router? You can get some very good deals around at the moment.

Not meaning to sway business away from Plusnet, but look here - . I believe this is the router that PN supply, only £25 (nearly) cheaper Wink

They have other options on there also.
N/A

Thanks for that, it comes as a PCI card but with the motherboard. I installed it the other day ready for broadband and then the system will now work for about 20-30 mins and then lockup requiring a complete switch off from the mains to reboot. In system and hardware properties I have disabled the wireless/network entries and all is fine and working again now. Obviously I would like tio get this problem sorted out to get my new broadband working when I am enabled by BT. I initially thought it was either the system overheating and locking (although all seems well otherwise and the internal temps are normal or they should be with the amount of fans built into the case) or could it be a power problem (thermaltake 450w PSU). Any ideas - thanks in advance

The system is a homebuilt which is based around an AMD 64 running at 3500+ with an artic cooling fan, an A8V deluxe wireless edition MB, 1GB of RAM, 6800GT graphics, Thermaltake case & PSU etc, which has not been overclocked.

This system has worked perfectly until I decided to install the A8V wireless card ready for broadband, I think it may be a power problem.
N/A

Hi, have you put the card in the PCI slot 4, any other slot is shared....
ChrisC
N/A

thanks, I will try the slot 4 thing. I am having a day tommorrow to sort out the machine (that should please the wife on mothers day). If nothing else at least I can unplug a few things inside and see if that gives me more power (if thats what is needed).
N/A

Tried the slot 4 thing and no difference. I tried removing the DVD burner and sound card to see if I needed a little bit of extra power (450w PSU) and no difference. I tried uninstalling the card etc and that did'nt work. Bit of a loose end now. Maybe because my hardware from PN has not arrived yet so although I am wireless ready at the PC end there is nothing for it to connect to yet, could that be causing the lockup. When I disable the card it still all works fine again. Any ideas Huh
N/A

Cheesy Problem solved (so far anyway). I tried updating the ASUS drivers with no joy. Then after digging a little deeper I discovered that while ASUS made the card the chipset was made by someone else, I downloaded their driver and bingo - no crashes so far. Thanks for your help.......so far. We will see if it stays crash free
N/A

Hi, well done simmofamily, could you let me know who the chipset manufacturers are so as I can update my database.
Thanks,
ChrisC
N/A

nVidia GeForce

Symptoms are typical of MB nVidia drivers - cured by getting the latest from nVidia usually (but my son had to go back a generation to get stable drivers).
N/A

The card is branded as an ASUS WL-130g PCI AP/WLAN Adapter, although their drivers kept locking out the machine. I eventually with some investigation found the chipset on the card was by Ralink and their drivers are perfect and I am now typing this on broadband.
N/A

Must read things properly before posting!

The comment regarding nVidia drivers still stands, however.
N/A

Thanks simmofamily, I might try mine again now...
ChrisC