Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Connectivity Issue (NOT PN related)

Highlighted
N/A

Hi Guys

I wonder if anyone can offer any pointers here, on Saturday my pc was working fine with no issues, yesterday it started to lose the internet connection, I am getting a message saying "little or no connectivity". This is happening randomly, it can be fine for 2 hours while idle, or it can fail in the middle of surfing. This is a cabled connection and not wireless.

My girlfriend is connected to the same router and she is having no problems, I have tried swapping router ports and no change. I have got 2 network connections on my PC, a built in port and a network expansion card, I have tried putting the cable into both ports and the problem is still there. I have re-installed drivers, deleted and re-created the nework connection, run the connection wizard again. The only thing that fixes the issue is a restart, repairing the connection doesnt work as it cannot get a new IP address.

The only thing I havent done so far that I can think of is to change the cable, does anyone have any other ideas on this, as its driving me batty

Cheers for any replies

Paul
3 REPLIES
N/A

Is this a Vista computer (sounds like it from the error message)? I've had various reports of DHCP failing with some routers for Vista users- try setting the IP address and the subnet mask manually and checking if that makes a difference.
N/A

Opps forgot that info, no its XP service pack 2
N/A

Still worth trying that to see if DHCP is borked.

What does "ipconfig /all" from the cmd window say when you're unable to connect?