cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for "How to's"

N/A

Looking for "How to's"

Hi Everyone

My PowerMac G4 arrives in a few days,and I am hoping that before it arrives someone could kindly point me to a basic "How to" on downloading and installing files.I have found the programmes I require; that I will need to download and get running almost immediatly,but having spent a lot of years downloading ".zip" and ."exe" files I have not got the faintest idea what I need to do with a ".hqx" file.Ideally a "how to" web-page with something I can print out for reffrnce would be extremly useful.

Any help or advice appreciated

Ian & Linda Jordan
3 REPLIES
Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

Looking for "How to's"

Maybe not the ideal solution but you could look here.
N/A

Looking for "How to's"

Maybe not the ideal solution but you could look here.

Ideal enough thanks Dave.While I am here as it is a short term thing (Broadband 2 months away) what is my least expensive option to connect my PowerMac G4,when it arrives to my ISDN "Home Highway"? i did a websearch but quite frankly I am not sure what it is I am looking for:is it a network card (but I think the Ethernet socket takes care of that,does it not) or an ISDN modem,which seem quite scarce for Macs.I would like to get whatever it is I need before it arrives so downtime is minimal.

Talking about the Ethernet socket,when broadband arrives is that what is connected to the router?
N/A

Looking for "How to's"

ISDN is a rip-off. i'd avoid it if possible. also i think a home highway line has to be converted for use with adsl