cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging on

N/A

Logging on

Hi
I know this is going to sound stupid but my computer keeps logging on after I have logged off on its own accord. About 10 seconds after I have logged off it will logg on again its just done it 3 times on the trot
I got up the other morning to find that my computer had been logged on all night
I have not downloaded or installed anything new lately. I have no Firewall
I have no Modem only an ISDN connection
and although I am female I promise I havent fidded with anything I shouldnt
any of you guys got any suggestions Its just silly
Oh I have Windows XP :lol:
8 REPLIES
N/A

Logging on

This sounds like ad/scum/spyware.

In many cases they dial home to get or send data.

Try downloading AdAware or SpyBot to search out and remove these programs.
N/A

Logging on

One thing to be careful of : In spybot don't remove anything that you're not sure about. AdAware is safer (though not always as good).
N/A

Logging on

Thankyou very much for that Its worked Tongue
N/A

Logging on

Hi
I spoke too soon its still doing it. I have removed all spyware. It does not do it everytime sometimes it logs off OK any sugestions
Thanks
Pam
Community Veteran

Logging on

Did you try both the programs mentioned Adaware and spybot?
They each find things the other doesn't so its worth using them both.
N/A

Logging on

Yes I have deleted everything on adaware and spyware just picks up programs that it says are from adaware (back web) so it carnt be them as I have only just downloaded it
Pam
Community Veteran

Logging on

Mmm Begining to run out of Ideas now.
Have you got internet explorer (if thats what you use) set to "Never Dial a Connection" ? This should make it wait for you to tell it to connect.

If you are on I.E you could download a different browser say opera from the file vault and use that to see if that still does it.
N/A

Logging on

I was wondering what would happen if I did a system restore back about 2 weeks before it started doing it . Do you think that would work ? or do more harm than good
PAm