cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LaCie hard drive and iMacG4

N/A

I have purchased a LaCie portable hard drive to back up my Macbook 10.4.9 and also my iMac G4, 10.2.8 It works fine with the Macbook but is not appearing on my desktop of the iMac, although it is seen by the disc utility application. I have tried all the usual things ie unplugging cables , re plugging, restarting computer, but no desktop icon. Does anyone have experience of ths problem and any solutions?
Andy.
4 REPLIES
N/A

How is your LaCie drive being connected - USB or Firewire?

In Disk Utility, what happens when you select the drive and click on 'Mount'.

Have you tried downloading the latest firmware for the drive from:-

http://www.lacie.com/uk/support/drivers/index.htm?id=10007
N/A

LaCie hard drive and iMac G4

Thanks for that link but it showed the software is already upto date. It made no difference. It is strange as the Macbook 10.4.9 recognises and backs up to the LaCie mini immediately, but the iMac G4 ,10.2.8 doesn't show a desk top icon, but it does show in disc utility. I tied creating a desk top image with disc copy but this didn't work either.
I may have to contact LaCie people? but I've read negative reports about their support on various other forums.
Andy
N/A

LaCie hard drive and iMac G4

At last I got the iMac G4 to back up onto the Lacie hard drive via firewire, ( after I shut down the computer and unplugged it from the mains for 1 hour and unplugged both ends of the firewire cable ) BUT I now cannot find the data on the LaCie! I have partitioned it as I am also using a Macbook laptop to back up on to it, which works fine.
Any further ideas?
Andy
N/A

Found the data - on the iMac hard drive! goodness knows why but I dragged it to the LaCie drive and copied it.

I think 10.2.8 is past its sell by date, especially after using 10.4.9 which is so much more stable.