cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Javascript (will it work)

N/A

http://www.bootlegsandbsides.co.uk/preview/main.htm

Ive managed to get this little idea up and running. Only problem is if the window is resized, the images in the 3 frames dont line up.

How can i change this, Javascript maybeHuh??

I use frontpage to do my editing, is there any options i should enable in there
7 REPLIES
N/A

Your three rows leave no space for larger that 74 + 416 +110 heights, you need to allow for larger screen sizes. IE by using 110* at the bottom or by stretching your centre image and allowing the middle row to expand.

Jay
N/A

how do i do that? Im new to frontpage. The page i have seen similar to mine that works is www.blackatom.co.uk
N/A

The easiest way is to replace your 110 row height with * . This will let extra space be absorbed at the bottom effectivly aligning your page to the top. Not sure exactly where you set frame sizes in frontpage, I used notepad to test it.

Jay
N/A

Im not sure what you mean?? Any chance you could gimme a hand at all. :?:
N/A

Change :

<frameset framespacing="0" border="0" frameborder="0" rows="74,416,110">

to

<frameset framespacing="0" border="0" frameborder="0" rows="74,416,*">

74+416+110 = 600 pixels in height. As I run my screen at 1024 verticaly the extra space gets put into the middle row by default. The asterisk simply means any remaining space. So by putting it in the bottom row the image therein is aligned to the top, and any blank space gets put below it keeping all the images together.

I havn't got frontpage on this machine or I'd take a look and see where you specify the sizes.

Jay
N/A

WOW, excellent. Works a treat. Only one thing. The top image squashes up if you resize the window. Can that be sorted out at allHuh?
N/A

You could rejig your frames like:

|------------------------------------------------------|
| | |
| |---------------------------|
| | |
| | |
| |

Or (my preference) set the image as a background, create a container (DIV) and give it top and left margins and a fixed height. Then populate the container with an iframe (fixed height here as well for known IE bug). like:

<html>
<head>
<title>THE NEW PREVIEW!</title>

<style>
body {
background-color: black;
background-image: url(main_files/image.jpg);
margin: none;
background-position: top, left;
background-attachment: fixed;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
}

.Content {
margin-left: 213px;
margin-top: 110px;
height:390px;
}
</style>
</head>
<body
<div class="Content">
<iframe src="main_files/home.htm" width="100%" height="390px" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" align="top" frameborder="0" title="Content"></iframe>
</div>
</body>
</html>

Jay

12:30pm, I'm gonna be late for work again Smiley