cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Failing to Load

N/A

Java Failing to Load

Hello Everyone

When browsing my web (off line) some features do no appear. At the bottom of the screen I usually receive message saying "Loading Java applet failed" or "Applet fp hover not initiated". When browsing on-line all works OK. Can anyone suggest solution to this problem please.

Thanks for looking and for any help you can give

Tony Smith
4 REPLIES
N/A

Java Failing to Load

its due to the fact that offline sites do not chache the java // server side scripting and thus will not work fully, there is no way around this i do not think

buz
N/A

Java Failing to Load

Many thanks Buz

What I cannot understand is that all worked well until the past month or so. On my site I have features like hover buttons (links) which I now rarely see when browsing. This makes things very difficult when maintaining the site as I cannot test links. From what you say my best option would be to alter things around to eliminate items like hover buttons.

Thanks again for your help.

Tony Smith
N/A

Java Failing to Load

maybe its cos ur PC updated to SP2 and withit a patch for IE that stoped this?
N/A

Java Failing to Load

Thanks Buz

I'm not at all clear about SP2. I take XP updates but I dont recall having downloaded SP2, would it come automatically as an XP update?

I went on Microsoft tonight and updated PC but still no success in viewing the hover buttons when trying to Preview my Website.

Tony Smith