cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JPEG File sizing

Rourkefamily
Grafter

JPEG File sizing

I look after the website for my local running club. We recently held a 10K race from which I have received a number of photos in JPEG format which I have been asked to upload onto the website. Problem is the file sizes. The range between 2 - 4 MB! I have other JPEG's on the site that under 100KB.

Is there any way I can reduce these file sizes?
4 REPLIES
Wheelie
Grafter

JPEG File sizing

You can give thais program ago Image Assistant I have never used so not sure how good it is though it has a good rating.
Alecto
Grafter

JPEG File sizing

I've used Irfanview, free from www.irfanview.com, to resize and reformat pictures.
It is quite versatile and should have the features you want.
Rourkefamily
Grafter

JPEG File sizing

Thanks for the replies.

I have downloaded irfanview and got the files down in size by loads. Between 130 - 150 KB. Would be nice to get them under 100 like the files that were passed on.

I just went to resize/resample and just set new size. Any other tricks to use with this software?
Community Veteran

JPEG File sizing

Everyone should have Irfanview imo! Smiley
I have used it for years now and find it just perfect!

You could lower the amount of colours used. (Image>Decrease colour depth) However this will make some pictures look ugly.

There is also an option to alter the quality when "saving", which you could play with to see how much file size you can save versus picture quality degredation!