cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isass.exe

N/A

Isass.exe

A friend of mine has got what appears to be a trojan Isass.exe.

It is preventing him from booting up, after the BIOS post test an error message comes up saying "Isass.exe the revision number is not known" or words to that effect and when ok is clicked the PC reboots to the same error message again.

I am researching this for him but if anyone knows what I can do please tell me.

I have tried safe modse but the same thing happens.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Isass.exe

if you suspect you have a virus, you can run a virus-scan from DOS booting off a floppy/CD, given that you are unable to load Windows.

You can also install the hard drive as a second disk on another PC and try to scan the disk to see if anything is found.

In the end, it might be quicker to re-install everything!
N/A

Isass.exe

vic_newey
Grafter

Isass.exe

You have made a common error re- ' Isass exe ' which is a normal system file present on most systems

If however its isass .exe with lower case ' i ' then its a virus. look on google for more details
N/A

Isass.exe

thanks for reply melstinks, what a nickname. I have done what you suggested and put his drive on my PC and cleaned it using the microsoft malwear removal tool which can be downloaded specifically for that problem. However I think the damage has been done as it still has not soleved the problem. He will have to remove the Isass.exe file with the repair tool and replace it with the proper one from the wondows disk. thanks for help
N/A

Isass.exe

You could of course use a linux live cd such as knoppix to manually remove it! At the same time, as long as you are using a router, you can connect to the net to find out how to do it!!

I had that virus sent to me over msn once. I got rid of it rather easily as i spotted the task running in task manager and removed it with adaware and a spybot run.