N/A

Is this a good card?

ATI Sapphire Radeon 7000

Thanks, Wink
6 REPLIES
N/A

Is this a good card?

For todays games no.

But as a very budget card for normal desktop use, it should be ok.
N/A

Is this a good card?

Need one for todays games really, what about the ati radeon 9600pro? or the ati radeon 9200 both are 128mb cards.

Thanks, Wink
N/A

Is this a good card?

For todays games you shouldnt being looking at anything lower than a 9800pro.

But if I had a choice between a 9200 and a 9600pro, I would have a 9600pro.

But as above I wouldnt advise getting below a 9800pro for todays games. My 9800pro even stuggles in some places on Farcry
N/A

Is this a good card?

I have to disagree i think the ati 9200 or the 9600 would be more than enough for todays games, i had a gforce 4 mx 400 128mb card before and that played 90% of games inc "Far Cry" on low to medium settings.

Thanks, Wink
N/A

Is this a good card?

Todays games (doom3, hl2 etc) require much more than either a 9200 or 9600 to run at any acceptable levels on higher settings.

These games *should* run on these cards but to get any decent performance you need something more powerful.

Even today the 9800pro is outdated compared with the newer cards on offer.
Community Veteran

Is this a good card?

It depends on whether the games you play use are 3D graphic intensive.

IN general terms, the higher the model number the faster and thus better the card will be with dealing with todays grapic intensive games. However, budget often determins what you ultimately get.

For the ATI cards, the 9200 card is slower that the 9600pro which in turn is slower than the 9800pro. SE versions of the card tend to be the budget end (i.e 9600SE, 9800SE) which are slower than the standard (9600, 9800) which in turn are slower than the pro or ultra versions.

In practice, the card manufacturer is less of an issue now a days as they all produce cards of similar specs and speed due to using the same core GPUs. Some are able to overclock them (by adding bigger heaksinks) and others may come with faster memory chips.

The final thing to consider is your main processor (on the motherboard). It still has to do a lot of work so the faster that is the better the game will play and some of the high spec graphics cards need correspondingly fast mainboard processors to acheive their best speeds.

All I can say is the 9200 & 9600 will be better than the mx 400 card you have mentioned. If I had to choose, the 9600pro would be the one to go for if you don't want to spend lots of money, you have a moderate mainboard processor and your not a hard core gamer (if you were, you probablywould not be asking which is the best processor anyway Wink ). If money is no object then the 9800pro or ultra will be the one to go for.

There is no easy choice for this due to the volume of differences available in th egraphics card market.