cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Network setup

Firejack
Grafter

Invalid Network setup

I have a DSL Router which I'm only using to maintain the DSL connection as well as act as a DHCP server.
I also have a Linux server acting as a Router + Firewall. The eth0 device is connected to the Router ok and gets an IP address. But eth1 that is connection to my Hub and the rest of my LAN gets no IP address.
What am I missing here? How come once the etho device gets an IP one isn't assigned to eth1?
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Invalid Network setup

Because eth1 is not connected to the router that is supplying the DHCP a la IP addresses. It is on the other side of your linux router and I'm also guessing it's on a different IP subnet.

I assume the PCs refered to as the 'rest of my lan' have been assigned static IP addresses, in which case the same thing will need to be done for eth1.
Firejack
Grafter

Invalid Network setup

....I assume the PCs refered to as the 'rest of my lan' have been assigned static IP addresses, in which case the same thing will need to be done for eth1.
No, didn't do that Shockedops: Was kind of expecting the DSL Router acting as a DHCP server to hand out all the details Wink
I now see my mistake.... I need to configure the Default Gateway, IP address and Subnet mask of the etho and then configure a DHCP daemon on the Linux Router to assign IP's to the rest of the network. Correct?
Community Veteran

Invalid Network setup

Correct.
michaelscott
Grafter

Invalid Network setup

How about bridging the two networks?