Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Explorer Sounds

N/A

Internet Explorer Sounds

Hello!

A quick question.....
When Internet Explorer is open, and sounds are enabled in the control panel, you get an annoying "click" sound everytime you navigate around a page (click a link etc). How do you get rid of this? I know you can disable sounds in a web page, but then you don't get any music loops etc when they are on a page. It's just that "click" I want rid of!!!

Any ideas?

I've gone through and un-checked all the tick-boxes in the sound option of the control panel except the new email notification but the "click" still sounds!!!!

I've even looked for the sound file so I can delete it but can't find it!!!!

I know I want my cake and eat it so to speak, but I find that click so annoying!!!! :twisted:

Cheers,
Tim.

PS. It's probably obvious when you tell me, but I need help!!! Cry
7 REPLIES
N/A

Internet Explorer Sounds

I assume you're using Windows XP? If so:
[list=1]
  • Click Start
  • Choose Settings, and then Control Panel
  • Double click Sound and Audio Devices
  • In the Program events window, scroll down and find the Windows Explorer sub-heading
  • Find the Complete Navigation action and click on it
  • From the Sounds drop-down menu below change the selection to None. You might also want to do this for the Start Navigation action aswell.
  • Press Apply, and then OK.[/listShocked]
  • N/A

Internet Explorer Sounds

Yeah! Cheesy

I had actually tried that before to no effect, but seeing as you suggested it I thought I'd give it another go.
    I re-enabled it, clicked Apply, then de-selected it again and it worked!!!!
    Must be one of those built-in Microsoft "features" Cheesy

Thanks for your help.
    Cheers,
    Tim
    (click!) :lol:
    N/A

Internet Explorer Sounds

I assume you're using Windows XP? If so:
    [list=1]
  • Click Start
  • Choose Settings, and then Control Panel
  • Double click Sound and Audio Devices
  • In the Program events window, scroll down and find the Windows Explorer sub-heading
  • Find the Complete Navigation action and click on it
  • From the Sounds drop-down menu below change the selection to None. You might also want to do this for the Start Navigation action aswell.
  • Press Apply, and then OK.[/listShocked]

• It's only for Start Navigation. Drives you mad doesn't it?
    N/A

Internet Explorer Sounds

*cough* run firefox *cough*
    N/A

Internet Explorer Sounds

I use both firefox and ie best of both i wud say
    N/A

Internet Explorer Sounds

why ever do u need IE if u use firefox Smiley i mean firefox will do everything ie does.. apart from open hotmail (when clicked from msn messenger)
    N/A

Internet Explorer Sounds

There are still sites such as banks that are IE only. Plus anything that has ActiveX running on it. There is an Open in IE extention which is quite handy.

Moderators note (John) Full quote from previous post removed as it's just not needed.