cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Icecast

jabb0
Grafter

Icecast

I have turned my attention to Icecast now, to try and stream audio.
And i must say the 15mins it took to install was a breeze compared to that oggvorbis stuff, although i am not so sure i like the fact it was so easy, near too easy.

Anywho, like the idiot i am i have installed it on my desktop (linux), you see i didnt actually think it would work. Now it would be much nicer if i had instaled it up a dir in my /home - so i used ./configure - make - make install - to install the thing.

Now i am not sure whether i can just lift the current working dir and move it, or if i have to do an uninstall or something then install it where i actually want it to go.

Basically how do i remove this correctly?

Cheers Big Ears
2 REPLIES
C100
Grafter

Icecast

I use the windows version of this not linux.
Although I dont think there would be any real issue with just moving the icecast directory I would always suggest that you uninstall it correctly and re-install.

However I would keep a copy of icecast.xml (the config) and drop that back into your directory after you move it - saves you trying to remeber what values you set last time.
jabb0
Grafter

Icecast

its pretty mad stuff, im setting up a site for a uni project and you know what ths one is actually interesting.

Thanks for the info, good idea bout backing up the config file.

I think ill wait n see if anyone can tell me how to uninstall stuff correcty, cos ill prolly just break the whole thing otherwise.