cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I connect to my System at home from a remote computer

N/A

Now that I'm connected 24/7 at home now on ADSL how can I access my files on my home computer from a remote computer?
5 REPLIES
the_norris
Grafter

Hi
If you could post some details of your setup, then people could help. Eg Windows?? - connected via ?? router, usb modem etc.

Also what are you connecting to your PC todo? VNC (Remote controll) FTP server, web server etc.
Phil
N/A

VNC is a popular option, but also you can use programs such as Remote Anything.

Like VNC, this has a slave running on the PC you want to access and using the master program, you can access it remotely - View the screen, control the cursor, take screenshots, send messages, shut down etc.
N/A

If you have XP pro you can enable Remote desktop which is like VNC but a lot better Smiley

It is under Remote tab on the my computer properties.
N/A

Thanks to everyone who responded, Basically I just want to get access to my files on my harddrive. I'm running XP pro so I think I will try setting up the remote desktop failing that go for the other option of a third party connection program like remote anything, Thanks once again

Shaun Smiley
N/A

if u just want the files, then set up an FTPd ( i would recomend GuildFTPd from www.guildftpd.com as it is free and really good) This will allow you to upload and download your files without the need for a desktop so it is faster Smiley

Buz