cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Much Is This Computer Worth?

N/A

I'm selling my computer, as my gf moved in with us, her computer is better, so i have no need & room for mine. Otherwise i'd still be using it. It's been taking up space since September.

I know i'm not asking as much as i could get for this. But i just wondered what range you guys think this computer could bring.

I bought it in, i think, 2001, but, it's been upgraded to what it is now, since then. Upgraded components were the memory, addition of a DVD-RW drive, processor. Anyway, here it is....

AMD Athlon XP 2600+
768mb DDR Memory
20GB Hard Drive
32mb Nvidia G-Force Graphics Card
16x DVD-ROM Drive
Phillips DVD+RW 200
56k Modem
Windows XP Home Service Pack 2
Microsoft Office XP
Nero 6 Burning Software

i then said that for the WinXP Home CD to be included with the package, it'd be an additional £20.The woman buying it has haggled me down to basically giving the CD for free. I gave in because i simply want rid of it as it's only taking space up.
4 REPLIES
N/A

I reckon the best you could hope to get is 120 - 150 quid if you include the windows CD.
I'm guessing the Office and Nero are the same pirate versions just about all of us have
N/A

I actually do have a genuine copy of Nero that i bought. But i don't know if its that version on the comp or a newer copied version.

I asked £100 for it. Then said £120 with the XP CD. The woman - a mother of a young lad who does Saturday work where i work, said £100 the lot, including the XP CD. She apparently doesn't know computers too well. I said ok, but it's slowly started to niggle me that she had a good offer, and she was a bit cheeky going to get the XP CD for free. I know i didn't have to say yes to it, but, i suppose i wanted rid of it.
N/A

Re: How Much Is This Computer Worth?

the WinXP Home CD to be included with the package, it'd be an additional £20.The woman buying it has haggled me down to basically giving the CD for free. I gave in because i simply want rid of it as it's only taking space up.

The windows CD is virtually worthless (£2-3) without the WinXP Home COA hologramed sticker that should be stuck to the PC.
pepsi_max2k
Grafter

You could take it all to bits and sell everything on eBay individually.

Blimey, there's a 2600+ on there right now at £67.00 alone. Ram maybe around £30, hard drive £15, graphics £10, dvd £10, dvdrw £20, modem £3, dunno about windows you might not be able to sell it if it's oem, other software should be ok though, maybe £35 or £40. Oh, and the motherboard (no idea but maybe £20?).

Or, you could just buy a nice TV card (£40), htpc case (£40) and a cheap extra hard drive and you've got a pretty decent PVR.