cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Network

N/A

Home Network

Hiya,

I have a BT-Voyager 2100 wireless router at home connected to my desktop PC for plusnet and everything works fine and dandy. I recently got a laptop with a BT-Voyager 1060 adapter. The laptop can see the 2100 but I cannot use the internet. I also cannot get a home network to run. I have tried pinging the laptop with no luck. I have checked that the wireless security settings are the same on both machines.
Is there anything I am doing obviously wrong.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) All Capitals title changed to lower case. Please dont use all capitals.
4 REPLIES
N/A

Home Network

On the pc that is working assuming its Xp goto run type cmd then in the windows type ipconfig /all.
You will get a list of the ip details. You must set your other pc up the same but with the next ip in the range. So if the ipconfig shows ip of 10.0.0.3 subnet 255.255.255.0 and default gateway 10.0.0.2

The you would set you ip on the other pc to 10.0.0.4 subnet 255.255.255.0 default gateway 10.0.0.2

It should then work the key thing is the ip must be in the same range and the subnet must be the same and the default gateway is the address of the router which then lets you out on the net.

If you still cant get it going post the results of ipconfig /all from both pc's
N/A

Home Network

check the flash tutorial at

www.buzzons.co.uk/tutorials/network/network.htm

this should help you set up your LAN (using XP)

Buz

Holla if you need any more help
N/A

Home Network

May not help, but I had a similar problem; see the Wireless access problem thread (just above at the mo)

Smiley
N/A

Home Network

Problem solved. Norton was providing an extra firewall, once that was configured and Norton was told to look for the home network it all started working. Thanks for your help guys.