cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Network Work VPN problem.

N/A

I have a wireless network set up at home. 1 PC(master) connected to the internet using a voyager 105 dsl modem. Another PC and laptop can connect to my broadband connection without a problem. Wireless network uses a USR 5450 multi-function access point. I wish to be able to connect to my works VPN using any of the PC's or laptops and still be able to conect to the internet from the other machines. When connected to the VPN on the master PC no other PC or laptop can connect to the internet. Also although the VPN software is loaded on other PC's and laptops it will only work if the master is also connected to the VPN. Can you advise on what I need to do to allow all PC's and laptops to connect to the internet or VPN regardless?
2 REPLIES
N/A

It's because the traffic is not being routed correctly to your VPN, via the other machines. An access point only provides a link, it doesn't provide any routing functions which are needed, this is probably the role your master PC is doing.

You probably need to get a wirless router to resolve this issue.
N/A

Thanks, you are confirming what I really knew . I was just hopeful that I might get a software workaround rather than having to purchase some more hardware.