cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Linux web server behinf netgear 824m router

N/A

Cry
I have set up a simple home web server that hopefully my friends and family may be able to access.

My server has a fixed ip address 192.168.0.200 and I have set the router up to forward any requests to port 80 to it.

I can see the server fine if I point to it locally, if I point to my <username>.plus.com I always get an error ??

Any thoughts ?
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I can see your server fine from here. Im seeing a white page with 'Server Under Construction' on it. You misspelt construction in the page title though Smiley

What probs are you having? Try it using your public IP address rather than the actual domain and see if you still get probs.

Chris
csogilvie
Grafter

Isn't it normal to not be able to connect from your computer to another computer using the external IP address?

EG. I can connect to my machine using its internal IP, but not the external IP through my router.
Community Veteran

Well if you have a router and you put in the external IP address on another machine on the network it will probably bring up the router config screen.

Chris
N/A

Hi,

Yep I can see it from work. weird.
I couldn't see it before..

Thanks
michaelscott
Grafter

I've found that using an anonymous proxy such as guardster.com helps me check to see whether my server is available externally.